Dry ice blasting
Dry ice blasting is in some ways similar to sand blasting, plastic bead blasting, or soda blasting where a medium is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared. However there are no similarities in the outcomes and results, dry ice is gentle offering excellent results without abrasion, here’s the science.
Instead of using hard abrasive media to impact and damage a surface, the dry ice blasting method uses soft solid frozen carbon dioxide (CO2), accelerated to high velocity which collides with the target surface. Harnessing the power of the kinetic energy and the rapid change of state this causes so called thermal shock propelling the undesirable contamination off the underlying target surface.
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
Dry ice blasting has many unique and superior benefits over traditional blasting media.
– It is a non abrasive, non flammable non conductive and non toxic cleaning method.
– It is environmentally friendly with no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media.
– It offers the opportunity to clean most items in place without time-consuming dis-assembly.
– It can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards.
– It can be used to remove a wide range residues, release agents, contaminants, paints, oils, rubber and films.
– It can be as gentle, lifting smoke damage from the pages books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling.
– It can be used for a multitude of general and specialized applications throughout domestic and commercial cleaning sectors.
Dry ice blasting uses compressed air to accelerate frozen carbon dioxide (CO2) pellets to a high velocity. A compressed air supply of approximately 6 Bar (80 PSI/50 scfm) can be used in this process. Dry ice pellets can be made on-site or supplied. We recommend that pellets are made from food grade carbon dioxide that has been specifically approved by the FDA, the EPA and the USDA.
Carbon dioxide in all states is a non poisonous, dry ice is recycled carbon dioxide which is both inexpensive and easily stored at work sites.
Our technology JettyRobot
JettyRobot is a uniquely designed track driven robot. It is designed to inspect, clean and repair ducts & pipes, especially in cases when dismantling the system is strenuous or impossible.